...on the water at Tigerbay.
This double gabled convict brick and stone house is an easy stroll to tigerbay. Delight in views over the sea to sandstone shelves, sea caves, swans on the estuarine waters and the terraced gardens.
The applewalk and restoration of the vineyard are a work in progress – come back and taste the heritage apples espaliered over the walk and pick a walnut for your cheese platter.
If you are feeling slightly more energetic the paddock in front is ideal for cricket and football. In spring though, you might have to do battle with crowds of daffodils, jonquils and bluebells.
Semaphore House has a more informal beachy feel.
- Sleeps 8 – main bedroom with queen bed; another main with queen bed; 1 single in the third bedroom; 3 singles in the dormitory (dormitory also includes a couch, TV and DVD)
- Bedrooms with hanging and storage space
- All linen and towels provided
- Electric blankets on all beds
- Very large fully functional kitchen/dining area (large refrigerator, 90cm gas stove with electric oven, microwave and large dining table )
- Outdoor seating
- Walled garden and convict brick BBQ
- Bathroom with shower (no bath) and hairdryer
- Full laundry facilities – washer, dryer, iron and ironing board
- 2 fully functioning fireplaces
- Heaters throughout the house
- Comfortable living area with TV and DVD
- iPod docking station, radio/CD player, games
- Delightful gardens with seasonal herbs for your use
- Heritage apple walk
- Vineyard with pinot noir and chardonnay varieties
- Hazelnut hedgerow and walnut grove
See what our guests had to say about their stay at our cottages on our Guest Book.
Getting there: Visit our directions page for more detailed information about getting to Tigerbay Retreat.