The Surgeon's Cottage
The Surgeon's Cottage convict brick and stone cottage, is nestled on top of the hill overlooking our glorious bay and way out in the distance the channel lights of Dunalley fishing village. We have restored this home with particular attention to detail showcasing the layers of history in our wall treatments and furnishings.
- Sleeps 6 – main bedroom with queen bed, 2 singles in downstairs second bedroom and upstairs attic bedroom with 2 singles
- Bedrooms with hanging and storage space
- All quality linen and towels provided
- Electric blankets on all beds
- Fully functional kitchen (large refrigerator, 90cm gas stove with electric oven, microwave and copper Scanpan cookware)
- Outdoor seating on the verandah and gas BBQ
- Clawfoot bath with shower over the top and hairdryer
- Full laundry facilities – washer, dryer, iron and ironing board
- 2 fully functioning fireplaces
- Heaters throughout the house
- Comfortable living area with TV, DVD, iPod docking station and radio/CD player and games
- Delightful garden with seasonal herbs for your use
- Pear, almond, quince, mulberry and apple trees
The cottage is suitable for adults and children over 5 years of age.
The claw foot bath requires some agility and is unsuitable for those who cannot step up into the bath – please contact us if you have any queries.
See what our guests had to say about their stay at our cottages on our Guest Book.
Getting there: Visit our directions page for more detailed information about getting to Tigerbay Retreat.